The website www.jmifa.co.uk (the “Site”) is operated by JM IFA, a company registered in Scotland with a Company Number SC473934, Registered office 1 Randolph Cliff, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH3 7TZ (“we” or “us”).
What information do we collect? We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:-
- Information that you provide when you fill in our feedback form on the homepage;
- Information that you provide to us when you e-mail us,
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Site (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation).
We use Google’s Analytics service to gather anonymous traffic statistics when you visit our website. Google use several cookies for this purpose. No personal information about you is stored, apart from the IP address that you are using.
Third party cookies
If this site has code from a Third Party site, the Third Party site may set Third Party cookies on your computer:
- if the page with the code is viewed, e.g. Google Analytics, YouTube or
- if you click the link to the Third Party site e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google +1, LinkedIn, Vimeo, AddThis.
The intrusion level of Third Party cookies may vary and you should check their Privacy Policies for more details.
Using your personal information
- administer the Site;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the Site;
- enable your use of the services available on the Site;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- address enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the organisation and the services we offer;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to contact you for your views on our services. We may contact you by post and by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us such as our employees, agents, or partners (such as product providers) as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or for purposes approved by you. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational security precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password protected) systems. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and although we will take the reasonable security measures outlined above we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Please help us keep our records secure and updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information:-
- may be subject to payment of a nominal fee; and/or
- will be subject to your provision of evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this Site is the Managing Director of JM IFA Ltd.
Our Client Agreement and Key Facts about our services and costs will be provided to the client prior to business being transacted so that the relationship between the client and the firm is clearly stated and understood. This will normally take place at the first meeting.